So this week I began putting together my applications to move to a district in Olympia. I went to create online applications within two particular districts and noticed that they happened to have been so kind as to save my applications from 2 years ago.
Reading through my former applications I reduced myself to a state of horror! THEY WERE TERRIBLE! My answers were completely irrelevant, I HAD SPELLING ERRORS, they were complete disasters! My only question was how on earth did I ever happen to get a job in the first place!
Furthermore, while I was updating my resume, I noticed that there was a semi-big error on my graduate school application. I had orginally put the wrong title of the company that I tutor after school for. My school's after school tutoring program goes by several names. Students know this program as AAA, teachers know it as Century 21, our checks come from Washington State Affiliated Schools, and the company name is Washington State Alliance for Better Schools. So, I had Washington State Affiliated Schools on my resume not Washington State Alliance for Better Schools.
I called the program wanting to know if I could exchange resumes.They told me that I was welcome to send in an updated resume, but that both copies would stay in my application. Therefore, I will be taking the humbling action of sending in a correct resume with a letter of explaination and praying that they don't hold it against me!
I am hoping that this time around I am actually worthy of getting an interview and that these two districts forgive me for my first ignorant attempt. I also pray that the MPA program doesn't hold my mistake against me.
Overall a very embarrasing week.
No comments:
Post a Comment